- Enhance, by fostering collaborative discussions and interaction among its members, the professional capabilities of Maryland attorneys who practice in the area of IP law;
- Assist MICPEL and others in providing continuing legal education on IP law issues;
- Provide, by maintaining a web-based, IP practice-area searchable directory of IPS members, those seeking IP services with a means for better identifying and connecting with those IP attorneys who have the required IP skills to fully address the seeker’s needs;
- Serve as a resource to civic, professional and business organizations by providing speakers on the IP issues that affect those organizations;
- Serve as the MSBA’s liaison to other regional, national and international IP law organizations;
- Serve as a resource on IP law to other sections of the MSBA; and
- Create opportunities for the IPS members to get to know one another.